The folks over at 10 Ton Ltd have quickly become my favorite indy game studio after pumping out a string of hits in Jydge, Spellspire, King Oddball, and Time Recoil.
Well, they’re back again with a scrolling shooter game, Xenoraid, which you may know from Playstation systems, and like all of their games, they put their own stamp on a time-tested genre. Not only do you get a coop mode, but you can change out your ships at will.
”Xenoraid is a fresh, modern vertically scrolling shooter for the rest of us. Instead of catering solely for the bullet hell aficionado, Xenoraid packs a whole bunch of novel and fresh features rarely seen in the broader vertically scrolling shooter genre, making it an exciting and entertaining experience for any shooter game fan.” says Tero Alatalo, CEO of 10tons Ltd.
Xenoraid is a vertically scrolling shoot’em with gameplay accessible to all action game fans regardless of prior shmup genre experience. The missions are driven procedurally, so there are no memorization requirements. Real time fighter switching and metagame featuring squadron management give the game strategic aspects, while three survival levels with online leaderboards provide replay value.
- Experience dynamic shoot’em up action with no level memorization
- Switch between four fighters in the heat of combat
- Manage your squadron with weapon and tech upgrades
- Master advanced shooting mechanics like fighter tilting and weapon heat
- Fight through a Campaign mode with more than 40 missions and four boss fights
- Compete in three endless Survival stages with online leaderboards
Grab your copy November 17 on Switch for $9.99!