Just in time for the midnight release, if you’re into that sort of thing (I am), Nintendo has made the Day-One patch already available.
To recap, here’s the list of what the Day-one update does, per the Japanese Nintendo page:
- connect to the internet via Wi-fi hotspots with authentication
- post screenshots on social media
- read the News feature
- access the Nintendo e-Shop
- play online
- link a Nintendo Account to the console
- use the Parental Controls app
- redeem retail games on My Nintendo
Since the folks at GameXplain were gifted an early copy of the system, they were able to take a look at the update and posted the below video so you can see what you’re getting into.