The big release this week is Xenoblade Chronicles 2. If you’re a fan of the game, you already knew this. I was not a fan of the original. Hell, I’m not even a fan of Shulk in Super Smash Bros., but I work with a guy who’s a major fan of the series, and he’s had the game pre-ordered since birth, so he’ll be calling out sick tomorrow.
Accompanying this cult classic is a slew of indy games, some very intriguing (looking at you, Serial Cleaner and Nine Parchments) and some not so much. Also, the Wii U, despite being the old dog that keeps pissing on the rug, is still getting some love this week.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – Lost in a sea of clouds, entire civilizations rest on the backs of Titans. As the giant beasts march toward death, the last hope is a scavenger named Rex – and Pyra, a living weapon known as a Blade. Can you find the fabled paradise she calls home? Command a group of Blades and lead them to countless strategic victories before the world ends. Each Titan hosts its own distinct cultures, wildlife and diverse regions to explore. Search the vast open areas and labyrinthine corridors for treasure, secret paths and creatures to battle and index. – Available Dec. 1.
- Nine Parchments – Nine Parchments is a co-op blast-’em-up game of magic mayhem. The game combines real-time spell-shooting action with RPG elements. Level up your character and collect magical loot, filling your wardrobe with myriad wizard hats and powerful staves. – Available Dec. 5
- OPUS: The Day We Found Earth (eShop)
- Arcade Archives Traverse USA (eShop)
- Serial Cleaner (eShop)
- Caveman Warriors (eShop) – Available Dec. 5
- ACA NEOGEO WORLD HEROES (eShop)
- Syberia 2 (eShop)
- MUJO (eShop)
- Star Ghost (eShop)